If your relationship is suffering difficulties, conflict, or simply indifference, you may be wondering whether to persevere with it. You may be desperate to save your relationship but don’t know how to go about it, or you may feel you have no one to turn to who can help you come to terms with your relationship ending.
Whatever the circumstances, there are many benefits to seeking the assistance of a Relationship Counsellor.
At Major Family Law, we can make a confidential referral to our Relationship Consultant for you to explore the ways in which he can support you through this difficult time.
Although relationship counselling can help to repair and restore a relationship, there is a common misconception that relationship therapy is like marriage guidance and about helping couples to stay together.
In reality, the goal of relationship counselling is to help find the best way forward for both parties, and in circumstances where the best thing to do is to separate, it can be used to help you to do so in the most amicable and positive way possible.
Counselling is available individually or as a couple and can:
- Provide a confidential conversation between the counsellor and the partners; the counsellor is non-judgmental and neutral to both
- enable each person to be heard and to hear themselves
- Reflect the relationship’s difficulties and the potential and direction for change
- Provide a place and a space for difficult and conflicted thoughts and emotions to be spoken of and heard in a more responsive and less reactive way with a third party
- Empower the relationship to take control of its own destiny and make vital decisions
- Deliver relevant and appropriate information about relationships in general
- Let you say what’s really on your mind
Family counselling is also available to support you with stepfamily issues, helping children understand and adapt to their parents separating, and reaching agreement with the other parent as to arrangements for the children going forward.
To learn more about our Relationship Counsellor, Graeme, click HERE
For an example of how Graeme can work with you, click HERE to see details of his 6 session program of counselling and guidance on how to have a healthy divorce for individuals and couples with children