Sometimes parties have to apply to court to enforce part of, or all of, an order made within financial proceedings, where their spouse has failed to comply with the terms of the financial settlement. This is called an Enforcement order.

We are an expert, boutique family law firm based in the north east of England; we only deal with matters relating to family law, allowing us to specialise and be the best solicitors in Newcastle Upon Tyne and the surrounding areas. We can help you when you are in need of legal advice or representation, such as the need for an Enforcement order. Get in touch today for a FREE 45-minute no obligation consultation.

The court has a wide range of powers to deal with the breach of a court order including, but not limited to, the following:-

  • Attachment of earnings order – to recover payment direct from the non-paying party’s employer
  • Charging order – to secure payment against a property
  • Third party debt order – to recover payment from a third party, such as the non-paying party’s bank
  • Order for the sale of property
  • Seizing stock or goods

Where a financial order has been breached it is important to make an application for enforcement as soon as possible as certain time limitations may apply. Please get in touch with our team today by calling 01661 824582 and arrange your free 45-minute consultation.