Partial re-opening of our Ponteland offices
Throughout lockdown our staff were working hard from home to make sure we continued to offer our clients the level of service they deserve. We are now pleased to announce that we have re-opened our Ponteland office with staff working on a rota system to ensure we have both support staff and solicitors present each day. We look forward to welcoming all our staff back into the office at a later date, but for the time being some will continue to work from home.
Before deciding to re-open, we were careful to make sure the government guidelines could be followed and our teams remain safe:
- We carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with our team.
- We ensured cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures were in place and that these were in line with the latest advice/guidance.
- We took all reasonable steps to ensure staff are able to maintain a 2 meter distance from each other throughout the offices.
Client Face-to-Face Meetings
To avoid exposing our staff or clients to unnecessary health risks we will continue communicating with our clients in writing, by telephone, or by video call, wherever this is possible. There may, however, be exceptional circumstances where a face-to-face meeting is appropriate and we are keen to support our clients in those circumstances. So, if an office meeting is arranged we will take the following precautionary steps to protect both our staff and our clients:
- Before attending you will be asked to complete a Health & Safety Declaration form.
- You must be willing to follow our firm’s policy on social distancing – maintaining a distance of at least 2 meters from any member of our staff.
- Only one fee earner and one client will attend the meeting, unless you require support. If this applies please notify us in advance (we are only able to allow the support of one person).
When you arrive at the office:
- You will be asked to enter via the rear door of No. 12 Ponteland Road.
- Your temperature will be taken.
- You will be asked to use sanitizing gel on your hands.
- You will then be directed into the large meeting room which is adjacent to the entry door.
- You will be invited to sit at a large table ensuring safe social distancing can be maintained between you and our staff member.
- In the unlikely event that more than one client attends the office at the same time the second person to arrive will be asked to wait in our reception area.
- Meetings will be kept as brief as possible.
- Some of our staff members may choose to wear a face mask and/or gloves. If you wish to do so we are able to supply these.
Essential office visits by contractors and others are allowed, but wherever possible please notify us in advance so your visit is not unexpected.
Before attending our offices (or upon arrival if the appointment was not arranged in advance) you will be asked to complete a declaration form confirming that you are symptom-free and that you have not been in contact with anyone known to be infected by Coronavirus in the previous 14 days.
Before entering the office buildings:
- You must agree to follow our firm’s policy on social distancing – maintaining a distance of at least 2 meters from any member of our staff.
- Your temperature will be taken.
- You will be asked to use anti-bacterial gel on your hands.
- We will provide PPE (gloves and facemask) to wear if you don’t have your own and if we think it is necessary.
Major Family Law are still here to help you if you are in need of legal help. Whether you are looking to separate or get divorced you need representation for a drink or drug driving case, or you have a complex parent/child issue that you need help with, we are here waiting for your call. You can get in touch by calling 01661 824582, or by emailing us at email@example.com. We offer a totally free of charge 45-minute consultation to all of our clients.